Thinking of doing a DIY move? You may want to consider hiring a moving company to help you with the process. Planning a move takes time, causes stress, and typically requires the help of friends and family who may or may not be so keen to help you out. And while DIY’ing a move sounds easy, most people tend to have limited resources including extra hands and time causing you even more stress throughout the process.
Before making the decision to do a DIY move over hiring a moving company, here are a few things you need to ask yourself first:
- Do you have a lot of heavy furniture to move?
- Are you moving solo? Do you have enough helping hands?
- Do you have access to the right moving equipment?
- Do you have plenty of time to pack up and unload a truck by yourself?
- Do you have a solution for packing valuable items?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may need to plan on hiring a moving company. Your friends and family will probably thank you for not forcing them to lug heavy boxes of dishes and books all around town too!
Here are a few more things to consider before hiring a moving company:
- Affordability: Professional movers can actually save you money in the long run. Additionally, you may be able to save money with offers such as FREE moving boxes.
- Peace of Mind: The team at Fox Moving and Storage Atlanta are fully licensed and insured and work hard to protect your valuables – including wrapping needed items in moving pads before they even leave your house. You can only get this peace of mind when hiring the pros!
- Save Time & Stress: Pro movers can help make your move stress free and a breeze. With quick load and unloading times and excellent customer service there to assist you throughout the whole process, you are free to focus on other things like kids, pets, and other moving day tasks.
- Safety: Moving heavy furniture by yourself or moving it without the proper equipment can put you and your helpers at risk for injury. Hiring professional movers to help you load and unload (as well as move large items up and downstairs) can ensure your safety throughout the moving process.
- Extra Hands: The team at Fox Moving and Storage can also help you with packing, storage, and delivery of purchased goods like couches and other large items.
What are you waiting for? Make the jump and contact us today for a FREE in-home estimate. Click here to begin your quote.