You’re about to embark on an exciting adventure. One in which you’ll explore a new area of the country and establish roots. To make the process even more manageable, you’ll want to plan early for your long-distance move. And a part of that is finding the right moving company. This guide can help you find the right fit for you.
How Do I Prepare for a Long Distance Move?
Before contacting a moving company, here are some considerations when planning a move to a new state:
- What is the size of your new residence relative to where you live now? If you’re moving to a new space that has less square footage or storage, then you’ll have to minimize what you bring with you.
- On this front, you should take inventory of your items before packing. One wise approach is to adopt the one-year rule. It means if you haven’t used it in a year, chances are you won’t again. You can donate these items if they’re in usable condition.
- You’ll also want to think seasonally. If you have a lot of ski equipment but are moving to an area where you won’t use them often, consider reliable storage as part of your moving plans.
- As you sift through your belongings, you can establish piles for things you want to keep, things you need to pitch, and items you would like to donate.
- On the scheduling end, you want to give yourself some leeway. As you travel, weather, traffic stops, and other factors can impede your journey. Therefore, it is ideal to give yourself at least a day of wiggle room.
Doing these things can make your move go smoothly. Next, you can move on to choosing a moving company.
How Do I Choose a Moving Company?
Start by examining their services and reputation. Paramount is having experience with long-distance moves, as you want someone who understands all the moving parts of the process.
Collaboration is also vital, especially when moving your items hundreds to thousands of miles. Slight delays could cost you even more money in added labor fees. Therefore, having that communication upfront and throughout is integral to a pleasant moving experience.
Not only does it keep you on the same page, it allows an open-ended dialogue where you can lean on their expertise when choosing services. Also, it gives you the forum to express any concerns you might have and have them allayed during the process.
Your Long Distance Moving Experts
The team at Fox Moving & Storage of Chattanooga understands what a tremendous undertaking moving a long distance is. It is why we work with you through every step of the process to ensure we’re always on the same page. That way, expectations align and you feel comfortable with the moving services we provide.
Rest assured, we’re adept at moving your items with careful precision. And we have extensive experience in helping people move long distances. Discover more about our long distance moving services by contacting us today.